Enterprises in the PEZA (Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA)) zones, including business process outsourcing (BPO) companies and factories, can now make advance payments, pay for registrations and administrative processing, and settle fees using the Maya wallet under MYEG payment options.
“Through MYEG we bring cashless convenience to PEZA members,” said Charito Plaza, director-general of PEZA. “This move is part of our goal to foster business recovery and economic growth under the so-called ‘next normal.’ With Maya’s digital payment technologies at hand, we can deliver a more efficient and transparent public service.”
PEZA is the government’s arm tasked with promoting and encouraging foreign investments in various economic zones in the country. It provides fiscal and non-fiscal incentives to foreign investors.
“This initiative will encourage more businesses to embrace digital payments for their government transactions and we thank PEZA for their trust. Our goal is simple — help make government transactions more convenient through digital payments,” said PayMaya CEO and Founder Orlando Vea.
PEZA members can settle their payments in a few steps:
- Go to the PEZA EPCS powered by MYEG
- Enter their Order Payment Number.
- Choose Mobile Wallet > Click Maya and then Proceed.
- Locators and Brokers can scan to pay the Maya QR shown on the page using their Maya app or log in to their Maya account details to pay.
- Once the payment transaction is complete, the customer will see a confirmation message of a successful transaction on the portal’s page, and they will also receive a confirmation email.
Maya is powered by the country’s only end-to-end digital payments company, PayMaya Philippines, and Maya Bank for digital banking services.